Howdy

Forum to discuss general gaming topics
teal

Howdy

Post by teal » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:32 pm

Hey guys, it's been a while. July was a very nasty month for me: proposed to my girlfriend, moved into our new house, still working on a kitchen remodel and lots of traveling.

Anyway, another great episode. All the Dragon's Lair talk brought back a lot of memories.

raZ- I'm not ready to yield the GW title to you, but I definitely feel like i've hit a brick wall. ah well, perhaps I'll have to pick up Galaga and give you a run for your money.

I've negelcted my own podcast for a couple weeks, but I did write up a quick preview of Saint's Row for Gamehelper.com. It's really more of an "impressions from the demo" article. My official stance is cautiously optimistic, but that's mostly because I've never been a big fan of the GTA franchise; i just get really bored really fast. Having said that, I will say that SR looks very solid

Again, great episode. Oh, and as far as PC gaming goes. I'm pretty excited about the next couple of years; I think the Games for Windows brand will help make PC gaming a bit more attractive to people. And with all the stuff that Valve is doing right now, there's plenty of reasons to keep the 'ol mouse & keyboard handy.

-t.
Visit the Working Gamer Podcast
Gaming News and Commentary for Real People

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: Howdy

Post by raz0red » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:44 pm

teal wrote:Hey guys, it's been a while. July was a very nasty month for me: proposed to my girlfriend, moved into our new house, still working on a kitchen remodel and lots of traveling.
Congratulations! Engaged and a new house, that is awesome!
teal wrote: raZ- I'm not ready to yield the GW title to you, but I definitely feel like i've hit a brick wall. ah well, perhaps I'll have to pick up Galaga and give you a run for your money.
Give Galaga a shot. I am already one back of a friend at work. I have to give it a go again as I don't want to fall any further back.
teal wrote: I've negelcted my own podcast for a couple weeks, but I did write up a quick preview of Saint's Row for Gamehelper.com. It's really more of an "impressions from the demo" article. My official stance is cautiously optimistic, but that's mostly because I've never been a big fan of the GTA franchise; i just get really bored really fast. Having said that, I will say that SR looks very solid
I just checked out your preview and it sounds great. I set it to download this morning, so hopefully I will get a chance to check it out later tonight. The thing I am really looking forward to is the multiplayer. Too bad they didn't include that in the demo.

Also, did you get past the barricade? Here is a video that shows how:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4875

--Raz.