Condemned

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Condemned

Post by raz0red » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:15 pm

In the first episode we discuss Condemned quite a bit. I really like this game. Was it just me? Kathleen from EGM said that it was repetitive and not scary.

Am I alone on this one?

--Raz.

Kraek

Re: Condemned

Post by Kraek » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:22 am

raz0red wrote:In the first episode we discuss Condemned quite a bit. I really like this game. Was it just me? Kathleen from EGM said that it was repetitive and not scary.

Am I alone on this one?

--Raz.
Wow that game Scared the carp out of me. I downloaded the demo and it was great! I still cant play it at night.... :oops:

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Wow that game Scared the carp out of me. I downloaded the demo and it was great! I still cant play it at night....
I played it mostly at night and it was great. Of all the levels, the Sewer and the apartment store were the scariest. I don't know how you wouldn't find the Sewer level scary.

Of course, if you have ever watched the 1up video podcasts, it appears they play the games on 21 inch computer monitors (not widescreen). That seems to be an odd system to play next gen games on. Man, I should have mentioned that in our rant... sigh...

--Raz.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:27 pm

You have to loan this to me when you are done with it. There are so few original titles for the 360 (non-ports, non-sequels), and I want to see whether I will like this as much as Kameo.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:33 am

I know Condemned is old news, but apparently Daniel Weissenberger from GameCritics.com just got around to playing it and doing the review.

The only reason I am posting is because this guy sounds idiotic.

http://www.gamecritics.com/review/condemned/main.php
Condemned provides players with some of the creepiest imagery ever to appear in a video game, along with some truly tedious combat and enough concentrated human misery to darken even the most radiant heart. While by no means a terrible game, and not even a bad one, this is a game designed to increase the overall amount of sadness in the world, and for that reason alone, and despite its many high points, I can't recommend that anyone play it. Ever.
WTF? What exactly did he think the game was about? The fact that the game was dark, is one of the reasons I liked it! I am guessing this guy can't recommend any movies that have misery in them either. Give me a break.

--Raz.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:29 am

I've only had a chance to play the demo but I did enjoy it.