Rainbow Six: Vegas

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
R3V3N4N7

Rainbow Six: Vegas

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:59 pm

I just got around to playing the demo. The game looks amazing. It plays well too. It is by far shaping up as the best Rainbow six game. Get over to the marketplace and download this demo. Peace.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:30 pm

Man, I need to steal a 360 from a friend or something for this game. I want to play it so bad!

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:25 am

From what I've been able to play so far, it definately looks like a BUY!! I've got other 360 issues to deal with before I start druelling over this title though!!
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:04 am

After playing GoW the graphics are not too impressive... the frame rate/textures seems pretty bad to me. Can't get used to the cover system now either because I'm used to Gears.

I like that you can create a custom char for XBL.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:26 pm

Are you playing on an HDTV? I know the graphics are not on par with Gears, but I hear the drop off is even more dramatic when you are playing on standard def. I noticed slow-down on the demo, but was hoping it was fixed in the retail build. Sounds like it still exists...

The ability to map your face into the game is a great feature. If more games start adding things like that I will have to pick up a camera.

--Raz.

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:10 pm

I'm playing on an LCD HDTV, maybe the framerate on a CRT HDTV would not look as bad. Gears looked fine though.

I can live with the framerate, the textures are pretty bad though. GRAW seemed much better looking to me.

It would be cool if they implemented face mapping into the dashboard, so you can do it once and have it work with all future games. It takes a good 6+ minutes each time you want to do it on R6V with taking the pics and generating the head. Also, it would be nice if you could add hair styles... I don't like looking completely bald... I'm not there yet. :wink:

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:58 pm

I've the game for about a week now and it's awesome. I'm about one mission away from finishing the game. The online is really cool, you earn experience to go up in rank to unlock new equipment. It can be frustrating at times when you can't leave your spawn due to camping Other then that the game is really solid and should definitely be a buy for 360 owners.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:24 pm

Wow, that sounds great.

I have it on my Xmas list, so hopefully I will be playing it soon.

--Raz.

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:50 pm

R3V3N4N7 wrote:I've the game for about a week now and it's awesome. I'm about one mission away from finishing the game. The online is really cool, you earn experience to go up in rank to unlock new equipment. It can be frustrating at times when you can't leave your spawn due to camping Other then that the game is really solid and should definitely be a buy for 360 owners.
Did you do the face mapping? If so can you post a pic?