Comments about Ultima

Forum to discuss general gaming topics
Object505

Comments about Ultima

Post by Object505 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:16 am

Whats up Twitch Asylum

I have never posted on your forum before, but just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your podcast about
the Ultima series. You know your a gamer when you can get nastagic about a video game series. As you guys went through all the Ultima games I found myself remember all the good times I had with the series.

I think I played almost every Ultima game there is. I can remember fighting my way to the shrines on the NES master system version. All the way to level 52 on Ultima online. I have respect for those OG gamers who where there at the birth of the MMO. There were many times in Ultima Online where I got killed and robbed of all my items. If you could throw your keyboard like you can throw your controler it would have been out the window. Looking back on it now. It really added to the game play exp.

I listen to almost every video game podcast that you can find and Twitch Asylum is in my top 3.
It's

In no spacific order.

Gaming Steve (Fantastic-But fairly unreliable)
Twitch Assylum
CAG Cast

Keep up the good work.
http://www.myspace.com/theshinyobject/

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:15 pm

I did not play UO at all, but from what I saw of it, it looks like my type of game. I personally hated WOW because it was just so easy... Losing nothing when you died, PVP was pointless, it is just a big chat room as far as I'm concerned. (No offense to WOW fans) Anyway, I might pick it UO at some point.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:16 pm

Thanks for posting. Glad to hear you liked our Ultima episode.

Tom

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: Comments about Ultima

Post by raz0red » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:25 pm

Object505 wrote:Whats up Twitch Asylum

I have never posted on your forum before, but just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your podcast about
the Ultima series. You know your a gamer when you can get nastagic about a video game series. As you guys went through all the Ultima games I found myself remember all the good times I had with the series.
Thanks for the kind words. It is really great to hear from listeners that enjoy the topics we cover in the podcasts. For us, it is just a blast to pick, research a topic, and ultimately discuss it. It brings back those memories that we haven't thought of in ages.

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:30 am

I remember back in the day (nod to raz0red) there were two camps-
The Ultima camp and the Bard's Tale camp. I was definitely in the Bard's Tale camp. I'm ashamed to say I've never played any of the Ultima series. It was considered blasphemy to partake of the enemy!!

I think however, enough time has passed to reconsider my views and give Ultima a shot. Time to drag the ole' Commode out of the mothballs...

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight