I just joined the Dead 360 Club

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
PristineSteam

I just joined the Dead 360 Club

Post by PristineSteam » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:49 pm

My 360 died, 3 red lights of doom. I called and talked to support, they were very nice, no runaround, no trying to blame it on me, they just gave me clear instructions for how to send it in for repair. I sent it in, so we'll see what happens in a week or two. What really sucks about this is that the 360 died on the second day of my 2 week vacation, so just when I thought I was going to have a lot of free time to play it . . . nope. Oh well, I still have the PS2 and the Nintendo DS to fall back on.

What are the odds that both Chris and I would have 360s that died? There must have been a lot of defective units in that batch.

Tom

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm

Sadness... All 360s seem to die after some time.

If you are a 360 owner, you must buy the extended warranty...

--Raz.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:35 am

Big bummer Tom. I definitely feel your pain.
I'll be honest. I didn't buy the extended warranty when I got mine back. I originally bought my 360 through Amazon for only 150 bucks after some training credits I recieved from Cisco Systems. If mine goes south again, I will just buy another one from Best Buy with the product replacement plan. No shipping, no box, no packing material, no 30 minute phone call and no wait. You just truck it up to Best Buy and they swap it out - no questions asked...

SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear all your guys 360s died. I can say mine is running strong. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. :shock:

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:19 pm

I got my replacement 360 yesterday. I fired it up and right away I was chatting with The Brass, which was a fun welcome back :) . Anyway, even though obviously I would prefer if it had never broken in the first place, I have to say I was impressed by Microsoft's prompt, courteous, efficient service. They got me back in business in only a few days.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:06 am

What happens to your save games and XBLA game downloads if your 360 dies?

Can you remove the drive and put that drive on the new console? If so, can you copy files on the drive from one drive to another?

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:46 am

Horprodukt wrote:What happens to your save games and XBLA game downloads if your 360 dies?

Can you remove the drive and put that drive on the new console? If so, can you copy files on the drive from one drive to another?
Yeah, when you send your 360 back to M$ you remove the hard drive. The problem is that (at least for me), the "full" versions of the downloaded games are only available when you are online. Further, they are only available to the original profile that downloaded them.

I have heard you can call support and they can help you to resolve this (meaning they will give you some points, or something), but I just never took the time.

--Raz.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:33 am

I had put off running mine, for fear of the Red Rings, for weeks before BioShock came out. It finally came out and I put it in, it did an update and my machine crashed with the Red Rings. I lost it for 6 weeks before I could play :-( But they were very good about getting it back to me, keeping me updated and not charging me at all.

teal

Post by teal » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:39 pm

fyi...

When my 360 died (the second time) i went to walmart and picked up a core system... when I got my 360 back several weeks later I brought my core system back to walmart and returned it without a problem...(of course I had the receipt and all packing materials and whatnot)...

Actually, I had my wife return it since I figured they wouldn't hassle her about anything, but may have figured me for some kind of degenerate gamer guy.

-t.
Visit the Working Gamer Podcast
Gaming News and Commentary for Real People

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:40 pm

teal wrote:Actually, I had my wife return it since I figured they wouldn't hassle her about anything, but may have figured me for some kind of degenerate gamer guy.
I thought I was the only one! :D

I always have my wife return gaming-related items. She never gets hassled...

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:56 pm

welcome to the club man :lol:
OL' DIRTY BASTARD