What are you playing?

Forum to discuss general gaming topics
Achilles

What are you playing?

Post by Achilles » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:33 pm

Things seem to be a little slow around here, and I thought I would try to liven it up some.

What games are you playing right now? How far into them are you? Have you played through them already and playing it again? Just spit out whatever you want about what you are playing.

Currently I'm playing mostly Madden 07. I don't have much time to do much of anything beside my senior capstone project, so a quick game of Madden on superstar mode is just right for me. I'm not playing much else, and I have all but neglected my Wii.

So, what you playin'??

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Heh. Good question. I have been playing a lot of "odd" stuff lately. For some reason I have been going through all of my retro games lately. So...

Amiga:

The Chaos Engine
Silkworm
Gianna Sisters
Blood Money

Commodore 64:

International Karate Championship
The Way of the Exploding Fist

Arcade:

Space Ace
Centipede

Xbox 360:

Geometry Wars (as always)
NBA 2K7
Crackdown (demo.... can't wait for the release)

PS2:

God of War (Never finished this one, so trying to get it done before GOW2)

Wii:

(nada...) Zelda is still incomplete... sigh.

PSP:

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

Besides playing games, I have been doing some hacking lately. I built an RS-232 adapter for my Commodore 64 that allows me to connect to BBSes via Telnet. It has been a blast seeing those Petscii color graphics again. I was also able to connect to ANSI BBSes via my Amiga 500. I will explain more about this on the next podcast....

--Raz.

zodiacprime

Post by zodiacprime » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:44 am

Hey Raz, I'm in the same boat with GoW. I'm trying to get it all wrapped up before the sequel hits. I can't recommend this game enough. I actually just started playing this game last week but am almost finished already (which for me is an extremely short period of time)... My girlfriend is still totally addicted to Guitar Hero II so we play that about 2-5 times a week depending (she's playing right now).

I just finished up Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin which I found extremely satisfying. I'm now playing through again in hard mode with the bonus characters.

Been playing Qwak on the GBA (thanks for the heads-up Raz) and having a lot of fun with that. Also playing a lot of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts on the GBA as well. I really like the Arrange mode in that one.

Been playing Ghosts n' Goblins (among others) on the Capcom Classics Collection for Xbox. I haven't been able to beat it yet, but can play more than half-way without dying... then it all goes south from there. ;)

Recently found Star Control for the Genesis at a local Goodwill and have been checking that one out... very fun game, highly recommended. I don't have the time right now to dedicate to an entire campaign but it's on the list.

Last week I was in a retro mood and I played a bit of Pitfall and Gyruss on the ol' Atari 800XL; Jordan vs. Bird on the C64; and Return to Pirate's Isle, Star Trek, and Chisholm Trail on the TI-99/4a.

The Intellivision has been running Robots & SameGame for the past month, also recently acquired Minehunter and have been playing a bit of that as well.

The Ataris are sitting silent currently, I just received a copy of M.U.L.E. for the 5200 so will check that out once I get the chance (also can't wait for Adventure II). I'm expecting my AtariVox and vox games (+ Toyshop Trouble) to arrive any day now so the VCS will definitely be getting a good workout.

Last Hope arrived for the Dreamcast last week, have yet to peel the wrap off, but I should be giving it a spin soon as well.

Don't even get me started on the PC... I've got my sealed copies of WoW:tBC-Collector's Ed. and Company of Heroes just staring me in the face here. Just need to clone me so I can get to all these. Believe it or not, I'm still trying to get through The Movies... love the game but it's been slow going.

For the Colecovision I've been checking out Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels. The sequel is about ready to drop and found this one fun enough to be excited about the sequel. As you can tell, the homebrew scene is keeping me quite busy.

That's about it...

I'm really looking forward to the BBS segment Raz, that sounds really cool.

dantebk

Post by dantebk » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:12 am

Oh gosh.

PC:
The Longest Journey. I'm still in the first chapter. I love adventure games but this one is very long winded.

Wii:
Wii Sports. Now that I'm finally Pro in Boxing, I want to try to get Pro in some of the other categories.
Super Swing Golf. My GF loves this game but the difficulty is nuts. Sometimes your computer opponent will knock it in the water five times and sometimes they get it in the hole from 60 yards away.
Twilight Princess. Almost 1/3 of the way through the 2nd dungeon. LONG way to go I'm sure.

Xbox 360:
Frogger, Joust, Robotron. Just got all these for free for registering my 360 during a Christmas promotion
Geometry Wars. Just about given up on this.
Test Drive Unlimited. Over 60% complete, but a long long way to go.
Viva Pinata. Just did my first factory challenge.
Rockstar Table Tennis. I might hate this game. Not sure yet. Will give it another go when I finish Test Drive Unlimited.

I've got a ton of games not even started but if I start listing those it'll just get embarrassing.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:41 pm

Aa lot of Rainbow Six Vegas, Oblivion, and Street Fighter 2 HF.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:41 pm

Mostly Tiger Woods Golf and Viva Pinata on the 360 lately. On the DS I have gotten to level 8 of New Super Mario. And of course I am still playing NetHack now and then, mostly on the Mac but it is available for most operating systems. I hope to do a show about Rogue-like games someday, especially NetHack. I think NetHack is the best freeware game of all time, and the most replayable game ever. I have been playing it for around 20 years and still have not gotten tired of it. No graphics, but the gameplay is perfect.

Tom

Subaltern

Post by Subaltern » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:46 pm

I recently finished Assassin's Creed which was, for the most part, entertaining. Just today I got about half way through The Darkness which I'm really enjoying. I started playing Rogue Galaxy on the PS2 but haven't touched it in about a week. Jeanne d'Arc on the PSP, and last but not least, Phantom Hourglass on DS.