Warhammer Online

Forum to discuss general gaming topics
iamsjn

Warhammer Online

Post by iamsjn » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:45 am

WHOA....
A my brother just now turned me onto Warhammer Online. It's a MMORPG that is going to be released in 2007. Although I'm not big into MMORPG's I was taken aback at the cinematic trailer for the game. It's definately a must see -

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/home/index.php

I just might have to check this out.

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:26 am

I love trailers and previews as much as anyone else, but I always take then with a grain of salt. They are produced by the game developers themselves, it is usually the best footage from the game, at the best angles, usually totally rendered outside of the playing environment.

I will admit it looks great, but don't expect the game to look totally like that. And still, the video speaks nothing of the game play itself.

Sorry I don't mean to shoot down this game, it is more of a rant in general toward all pre-release videos or trailers.

PS. That chick in the movie is totally hot!

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:19 pm

Unfortunately I totally agree with you Achilles.
Trailers should in no way ever be the determinging factor in buying a game. They are merely eye candy to get the word out. Much like movie trailers (ala Spiderman 3).

I posted the link because that trailer truely was flippin sweet. I don't think I saw any actual gameplay in it.

And yes, that chick WAS hot!!

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:02 am

I just got back from PAX, and was able to play Warhammer Online in the exhibition hall. The game does look and play great. I didn't play it for too long, but it was enough to know that I am going to have to pick up and play this one when it is released.

--Raz.

zodiacprime

Post by zodiacprime » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:04 pm

I was at PAX also and thought the game looked and played great as well, here's a video I found with gameplay footage and some very interesting commentary on the gameplay experience: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6VhovQts-Qs Enjoy!