Mad dog Mccree

Forum for retro arcade discussions
crimsontwin

Mad dog Mccree

Post by crimsontwin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:54 am

Hi there, wow not posted anything for a while but have heard all of the excellent podcasts you guys have put out, anyways i was in my local gamestation the other day when i spotted (and purchased) Mad dog Mccree and Space pirates by American Laser Games for my 3DO and instantly recalled the first time i saw these games in the arcades. I was around 12 the first time i saw Mad dog Mccree and was obviously amazed by what i saw, live action on a huge screen where i could actually be a cowboy and shoot at other real cowboys, wow. But after pumping in all my coins and walking away a little dissapointed that i couldnt actually get anywhere cause it was so damn hard (or because i sucked at it :) ) i never really got very far in to the game . anyway , it was fun to play them again even though they are very limited and a lot more comical now than when i was 12, the acting is hilarious and the gameplay sucks a little even with the light gun as they only recorded 1 death for each of the cast, but it was cool to get through the games and find out what happened next and stuff. I know the whole interface was a little dodgy back then but maybe they could do this kind of thing a lot better now though i guess if time has tought us anything its that good acting in live action games/ cut scenes is asking a hell of a lot.
only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those who prosper can truly judge what is sane.

crimsontwin on xbox live too, add me :)

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:31 pm

I used to play those games as well. I should pick them up and play them through as I too never made it to the end. I remember thinking even back then how bad the acting was. But, it was the sort of thing where it is so bad, it is good. :D

Sure the games have limited gameplay (like Dragon's Lair), but the nostalgic value probably far outweighs it.

And, damn, your gamer score is insane! :D I need my 360 back so I can get to something remotely respectable...

--Raz.

crimsontwin

Post by crimsontwin » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:24 am

you can get the games on pc as well as a few of the other titles like who shot johnny rock etc, they also do dragons lair 1+2 as well as space ace and time traveler, you can see them all here. http://www.selectsoft.com/titles/digitalleisure
and are usually available on ebay.

my 360 needs to go back to but i just cant do without it for 2 whole weeks, i think ill send it back when i have my wii to keep me going. :)