Condemened 2

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Condemened 2

Post by raz0red » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:44 am

If you have listened to the podcast from the beginning you probably know that I was a very big fan of the original Condemned for the Xbox 360. In my opinion it was a title that was overlooked by many during the launch of the 360 and is probably the scariest game that I have ever played. Well Condemned 2 is set for a March 11 release date. 1up recently posted some new information about its new on-line modes.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165575
Sega announced yesterday that the upcoming sequel will feature at least four multiplayer modes for online fun with up to eight other players. In addition to the traditional deathmatch and team deathmatch modes, Condemned 2 will have two very unique multiplayer options. "Crime Scene" is a team-based mode where one team of detectives makes use of the game's forensic tools to find evidence while the other team attempts to keep it hidden. In "Bum Rush," a team of human survivors must ward off constant attacks from a team of crazed homeless enemies.
Personally, I am not sure Condemned 2 even needed on-line modes. I actually wish the developers had spent more time fine tuning the single player campaign and fixing its minor flaws (simplistic evidence tool use, etc.). But, both of the new modes ("Bum Rush" and "Crime Scene") do sound interesting. Working with a group of people to avoid a "Bum Rush" could be fun. But, I doubt it is fun that will last very long.

--Raz.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:36 pm

I still need to play this game.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sat May 03, 2008 7:14 am

R3V3N4N7 wrote:I still need to play this game.
I just started playing it recently. So far it is everything I wanted it to be. They have really enhanced the investigative aspects of the game (versus the simple approach that the first game took). Also, the melee combat is quite a bit deeper than it was in the first one. While I think that is an improvement, it does make the game slightly less approachable than the first.

Overall, definitely a game worth playing.

--Raz.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:04 am

I just played the first Condemned over this past week, and really enjoyed it. It's the only game that has made me jump, twice! Very atmospheric. Creepy stuff. For a game to provoke a real feeling of fear is quite an accomplishment in my opinion. It did help playing it in the dark with headphones as well.
So i finished it a couple of days ago, and have just bought Condemned 2. Looking forward to getting stuck into it this weekend.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:34 am

So i've played some of Condemned 2, up to about the 4th level or so..... so far it's good. Not quite as creepy as the first game, but the fighting/melee is better. The forensics are vastly improved. The first game basically hand held you through the case, but this lets you figure out what forensic tools to use, and gives a multiple choice of possible answers. For example i came across a blood splatter on a door and had to work out what kind of incident caused such a blood pattern.... it makes you think about the crime scene which is a good thing for the gameplay.

Online multiplayer is a first for this series. They avoided it altogether in Condemned 1, and for a good reason. It's not really a game that lends itself well to multiplayer. Deathmatch is pointless. Everyone rushes to the center and slaps each other. Ridiculous.
The mode "Crime Scene" is the only one worth playing. The "Influenced" hide 2 boxes, both containing decapitated heads, whilst the "SCU" use their forensic tools to track the hidden boxes down and scan them, without getting killed.