WiiXL

A forum to discuss Wii homebrew development.
raz0red
Site Admin

Re: WiiXL

Post by raz0red » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:44 pm

ajrosner68 wrote:Found my issue:
I loaded the WiiXL initially with the twilight princess hack, and then loaded it again with HBC.
Somehow, since the it was already on my sd, the sd:wiixl\software was not created and couldn't be found by the emulator. I cleared off my original tw hack version and reloaded via the HBC. All is well.

Thanks for your assistance.
Oh man, that is annoying.

--Raz.

ajrosner68

WiiXL Improvements

Post by ajrosner68 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm an old ATARI 800 computer user, and have enjoyed the emulators to allow me to get back to my roots/childhood hobby. Unfortunately, the game play on a PC has always been rather tricky tryin to emulate the simplicity of the Atari Joystick. I was delighted to see this move to the Wii with the opportunity to use a controller for these games. I'm with the guy who suggested emulating the Joystick with the Nun-chuck. That would be amazing. Even the GC controller would be better with the use of the yellow stick. Trying to play games like Decathlon is very difficult with the 4 way button.

Could this left/right up/down motion be emulated with the gyroscope in the wiimote? I know it's a work in progress, and everything you've done to this point is greatly appreciated. If I had spare cash, I'd donate to your cause.

Again.. Thanks,

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: WiiXL Improvements

Post by raz0red » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:14 pm

ajrosner68 wrote:I'm an old ATARI 800 computer user, and have enjoyed the emulators to allow me to get back to my roots/childhood hobby. Unfortunately, the game play on a PC has always been rather tricky tryin to emulate the simplicity of the Atari Joystick. I was delighted to see this move to the Wii with the opportunity to use a controller for these games. I'm with the guy who suggested emulating the Joystick with the Nun-chuck. That would be amazing. Even the GC controller would be better with the use of the yellow stick. Trying to play games like Decathlon is very difficult with the 4 way button.
I recently implemented analog controls for Wii2600. As soon as I get that release out, I will make the same changes to WiiXL.
ajrosner68 wrote: Could this left/right up/down motion be emulated with the gyroscope in the wiimote? I know it's a work in progress, and everything you've done to this point is greatly appreciated. If I had spare cash, I'd donate to your cause.
Hmmm... doing something like that would be a bit more difficult. I have been working on Wii motion support for Wii2600 and it is a bit tricky to get to work well. However, I plan to add motion based paddle support in the next release.

--Raz.

ajrosner68

wii2600 / wiiXL

Post by ajrosner68 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Just finished playing several games on the new version of wii2600 with the nunchuck. I must say that it is awesome. Only found a couple games which it didn't work well, but it may have been a rom issue. Can't wait for the changes to be made to the wiiXL.

Appreciate your hard work.
Thanks,

Bonzoid

Wii XL four controllers?

Post by Bonzoid » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi,

are there still any plans (if yes when) to implement four controllers in WiiXL? That really would be a great thing.
:D

Bonzoid

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: Wii XL four controllers?

Post by raz0red » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 pm

Bonzoid wrote:Hi,

are there still any plans (if yes when) to implement four controllers in WiiXL? That really would be a great thing.
:D

Bonzoid
Definitely, there is going to be an update to WiiXL that will address the four controllers as well as paddle support, etc. It will be a little bit though as I am about to release 0.2 of the Wii7800 emulator.

--Raz.

JohnH

3 player control issues

Post by JohnH » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:38 am

Hey, the emulator has overall worked very well so far, except for last night, when we decided to attempt a three-player game of MULE, we had serious trouble getting the game to use the third wiiremote.

For starters, a weirdness is that the emulator reassigns controllers when it starts up. I don't know if this is related. I've noticed it happening in some other, older emulators? That's only a minor issue, except maybe it has to do with the MULE multiplayer situation?

When the game boots, options are set then gets to the player confirmation screen, players one and two can press the '2' button and confirm their presence, but the button on player three does nothing. Further, player one and/or two can sometimes press the '2' button and it'll be recognized as player three, although when it comes time to select a species none of the controllers will be able to pick for that player.

I'd think the problem had something to do with the Atari itself, or maybe the original emulator, except I've used an emulator with a similar interface on the Dreamcast, and we've been able to play four-player MULE on that after setting the right system. I -think- I have the correct system set up, I've tried several, but none of them seem to work.

Would you have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

mr-atari

Post by mr-atari » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:57 am

It seems the emulator only send data from 1st and 2nd controller to the emulation-core.

MULE was designed for 800 systems. Not XL. The OS of the XL uses joystick input 1 and 2
and copies it to joystick 3 and 4. Thats why MULE emulated on XL thinks you pressed player
3 and 4 when you press 1 and 2.

I hope the new update comes soon and I can play 4 player M.U.L.E :-)\

Cheers,
Sijmen
www.mr-atari.com

B.T.W. the emulator is AWESOME..... THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK !!!

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:53 am

Hey all-

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, but I have been dealing w/ some real world issues unfortunately. However, I started a while ago on an update for WiiXL and have some of the requested features working. I will try to get some time this week and over the weekend to hammer on it some more. Hopefully I can get an update out by the end of next week.

Thanks.

--Raz.

JohnH

Post by JohnH » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Ah, great to see you're still working on it! Good luck!

LordHelmet

Post by LordHelmet » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Loving this EMU, however, it would be great to add support for the second fire button on the 5200 so games that use both are playable. Games like Defender are not really playable (for the 800 or 5200) because of the use of keypad buttons or the keyboard. Great job so far though!!

mr-atari

4 player update?

Post by mr-atari » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 am

Hi Raz,

Just a short question if you had some time to
work on the 4 player support for OS/A and OS/B
emulation only?

Cheers,
Sijmen.

Qetzlcoatl

Post by Qetzlcoatl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:48 am

Does any way exist to map "Space" button from Atari keyboard to any button on WiiMote? (B or 1 for example)
I'm trying to play "The Last Starfighter" and "Space" is absolutely need (to jump to Space :) ).

mr-atari

4 player update

Post by mr-atari » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:59 am

---please---

My nephews will kill me if we can't play 4 player MULE.....

:roll:

rosh

Using ST disks

Post by rosh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:13 pm

I was happy to run this emulator. I tried cartridges and it runs great but I could not make it work with *.ST disks images. Is this format supported?