Electronic Games Magazine, May 1982

Forum for discussions of retro consoles. Neo Geo, 2600, Odyssey, PSX, and sadly the Dreamcast.
raz0red
Site Admin

Electronic Games Magazine, May 1982

Post by raz0red » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Well, I was searching the web and found a PDF scan of Electronic Games Magazine from May of 1982. I used to buy this magazine religiously. It had all the new home, arcade, and computer games at a time when the scene was exploding. Unfortunately, my parents threw them all out... sigh.

Anyway, I decided to host it on our site so you guys could take a look.

http://twitchasylum.funband.net/egm%201982-05.pdf

I can't tell you how nostalgic it is to flip through the pages. Also, man are there a lot of Intellivision ads or what?

One funny part is the section, "Video games you'll will never see (We hope)". Check out the description of, "Gang Wars", does that game sound familiar?

Check it out and let me know what you think.

--Raz.

zodiacprime

Post by zodiacprime » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:28 am

Thanks for hosting this Raz. EG represents so much of the style and feel of that early era of gaming. Kunkle, Worley and Katz have my undying gratitude for creating what would become an enduring tribute to the Golden Age of Gaming (btw, I'd love to hear an interview with all 3 of them together). I have a fairly large collection of gaming mags old and new, but none can match the joy I experience while reading EG. If you want to become a student of the Golden Age or are just curious and want a peek at what it was like to be a child if the 80s - or want to relive those moments - then your journey should start here.