Bored and hot!

Forum to discuss general gaming topics
Achilles

Bored and hot!

Post by Achilles » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:10 pm

I'm sitting around in my basement right now because it is so hot here, even though it's NH, where it usually snows it's almost 100. We aren't used to this kind of heat here! Anyway, I'm playing some Star Wars Galaxies right now and I was just wondering what everyone else was playing either right after or right before they read this post. Just curious.

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:58 am

I'm really feeling for you guys. Your right, you folks aren't used to that kind of weather! Us Arizonans however LOVE a good triple digit day! Check this out. I took this phone pic on my way home from the office last week -

Yep, with that kid of heat, you actually sink into the asphalt a little bit!
Well, it's 4:56AM here and I'm getting ready to head downstairs and jam on some COD2!!

SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:48 am

iamsjn wrote:I'm really feeling for you guys. Your right, you folks aren't used to that kind of weather! Us Arizonans however LOVE a good triple digit day! Check this out. I took this phone pic on my way home from the office last week
Wow! I have been to Arizona a couple of times, and each time I step out of the plane, I feel like I am walking into a sauna.

As for me? NCAA 2007 on the 360. Still trying to beat someone online... Besides that, spending my time trying to restore my Centipede Cabaret.

--Raz.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:19 pm

I took this today when I got into my car to head off to work. Not something I wanted to see.

Back to listening to the Red Sox game and writing a program based on Game Theory. No video games for me tonight :-(

itripn

Post by itripn » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:33 pm

I don't know guys, it's been pretty damn hot here in Portland. Here is a shot of my thermometer:

itripn&

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Damn! It is hot in Portland, I just went and checked mine.

Wow, it hasn't looked that hot for a while.

And I am playing Resident Evil 4.

--Raz.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:52 pm

Res 4!

Great great great game. It's the reason I bought a GameCube. I have played through it many times. I love the series but I think this is by far the best in it. I tried playing the PS2 version of it, and it wasn't the same. The controls are not the same, they seem to work against you when you play, the graphics were not nearly as good, it jsut wasn't fun.

Just talking about it makes me want to play it again!

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:26 pm

raz0red wrote:Damn! It is hot in Portland, I just went and checked mine.

Wow, it hasn't looked that hot for a while.

And I am playing Resident Evil 4.

--Raz.

WOW Raz...
Is that a thermometer in your pocket or are you just happy to see us!!!!
That is 100 different kinds of WRONG!

SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:45 pm

iamsjn wrote: WOW Raz...
Is that a thermometer in your pocket or are you just happy to see us!!!!
That is 100 different kinds of WRONG!
Oh man.. I didn't even notice the phallic nature of that thermometer... sadness.

Currently playing, Super Mario Sunshine (I just got a GameCube... heh). Man, the controls on this game seem a little less than forgiving.... Maybe it is just getting used to the cube.

--Raz.

Achilles

Post by Achilles » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:48 pm

raz0red wrote: Currently playing, Super Mario Sunshine (I just got a GameCube... heh). Man, the controls on this game seem a little less than forgiving.... Maybe it is just getting used to the cube.

--Raz.

I would have to agree, the controls are very tough in that game. They do take hours to get used to, and even after that it can still be wierd if you switch between games often. The game was fun to play, but after frustration with parts of it I was left feeling unsatisfied at the end. :-\

Now playing some more Star Wars Galaxies!!

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:52 pm

About 85 degrees here. I was playing Hitman: Blood Money. But it made me kind of uncomfortable with the very gross realistic violence and evil protagonist. I'm not usually bothered by violence in games. I've enjoyed all the Grand Theft Auto games and Resident Evil 4, etc. But those seemed kind of cartoonish and almost funny in a way. But Hitman seems sort of unpleasantly real. It is like a cold blooded murder simulator, and you have to kill innocent people to take their clothing or keycards. I don't think this game is for me. Don't get me wrong -- I don't want it censored or anything. I just didn't find it all that appealing.

Tom

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:41 pm

PristineSteam wrote:I was playing Hitman: Blood Money. But it made me kind of uncomfortable with the very gross realistic violence and evil protagonist. I'm not usually bothered by violence in games. I've enjoyed all the Grand Theft Auto games and Resident Evil 4, etc. But those seemed kind of cartoonish and almost funny in a way. But Hitman seems sort of unpleasantly real. It is like a cold blooded murder simulator, and you have to kill innocent people to take their clothing or keycards. I don't think this game is for me. Don't get me wrong -- I don't want it censored or anything. I just didn't find it all that appealing.
I don't know if you remember, but a couple of podcasts ago, I mentioned that Amy was watching me play the demo of this game and thought it was too violent.

However, that night we watched Hostel and later in the week we watched Wolf Creek. After that, she said by comparison, that game I was playing the other day was light-hearted fun for the whole family.

I totally respect a game being too violent for you. But, it always amazes me how violence in video games is such an issue, yet movies keep getting more and more graphic, and not much is said.

Don't get me wrong... I love them there horror movies, so I ain't complainin'... Just interesting to me.

--Chris.

dantebk

Post by dantebk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:06 pm

For a long while it was 110 to 120 every day here in the San Fernando Valley, but lately it's been 85 to 89 and felt great in comparison.

I'm cramming in as much King's Quest VIII: Mask of Eternity as I have time for, since my copy of Elder Scrolls Oblivion arrived a couple days ago and I vowed not to start a new game on a particular platform until I've finished whatever game I'm playing (otherwise I never finish anything). I made it to the Frozen Reaches this morning before work, which I think is the 2nd to last world.

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:47 am

I drove from San Diego, CA to Grants Pass, OR and back last week...

My AC didn't do much.

Also went to see Superman in Portland, in an IMAX theater. Do not ever see a regular movie on an IMAX screen... it was horrible.