World Cup

Use this forum to post anything that is not video game related.
raz0red
Site Admin

World Cup

Post by raz0red » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:04 pm

Ok, so I am not a big soccer fan, but I just got done watching the USA vs Italy game. First of all, the officiating was horrid. I thought NBA basketball was bad, but that game was ridiculous. A slide tackle warrants an immediate Red Card? Whatever. But, enough about that, I have a question for all you soccer fans?

Why do players act like such wussies?

I mean really. You get tripped, they bring a stretcher out, haul you off. They spray some crap on your leg and you pop right up and are back in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I like watching soccer. But...

These players act like complete babies and floppers. Now I know where the NBA is getting it from. It is absolutely funny to watch. These people faking injuries, ridiculous!

I know we have a lot of european listeners, and I don't mean it to sound negative. I just want to know why they do this?

Anyway, just an observation.

--Raz.

LimitZer0

Post by LimitZer0 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:00 pm

Players flop and act hurt to get free kicks and to give the other team cards. A good flop in the box often results in a penalty kick. Much like the NBA, players will do anything to get the advantage.

Players used to get yellow cards for flopping and faking injuries, they should do that again to keep everyone in check.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:23 pm

Yeah, if they would give yellow cards that would be great. I guess I expect people to flop. But, the fact that they bring out a stretcher, and that when the player gets to the sideline they immediately pop back up, just seems a little (err... a lot) over the top.

I don't want to be misunderstood, I like to watch soccer, but it just seems like that detracts from the game.

--Raz.