Sony Blu-Ray Player Gets Delayed

Forum to discuss the Playstation family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Sony Blu-Ray Player Gets Delayed

Post by raz0red » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:32 am

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151389
Sony's own Blu-Ray player has been delayed (via sneaky date changes to it's product page), Gizmodo reports.

The $999.95 next-gen DVD player will be beaten to market by Samsung's Blu-Ray player -- which is expected at the end of June. However, what people will wonder is how will (if at all) this Blu-Ray delay affect the PlayStation 3? We contacted Sony to inquire about the apparent delay to their Blu-Ray player and how it will (or won't) affect the PS3. We'll update the story if they get back to us.
Can somebody please tell me why I would pay $999.99 for the Sony Blu-Ray player instead of buying the PS3? Man, there must be some great features in there for $400?!? It just doesn't make sense...

--Raz.

msaeger

Post by msaeger » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:03 pm

Well if it came out before the PS3 the kind of early adaptor people that would buy it would probably think it's worth the extra money to get it a few months early.

Maybe Sony is pricing it high to make the PS3 look like a deal.

Also I am guessing the division of sony that sells the stand alone players isn't used to losing money on hardware like the console division is.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:31 am

blue ray is going no were in my opinion people are more familiar with hd tv so i think hd dvds are gonna win out they just sound simpler to the public and thats it

i dont think blue ray will get far with the movies
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:01 pm

When have Sonys own media ever made it? It never has and it never will. HD DVD > BLUE RAY.