Oh No... NOT AGAIN!! The Beep Of Death??

Forum to discuss the Playstation family of consoles
iamsjn

Oh No... NOT AGAIN!! The Beep Of Death??

Post by iamsjn » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:35 pm

Caught this over on Digg and thought I'd post it over here for the Asylum.
It appears that Sony wasn't about to let those Microsofters have all of that "XXX-of-Death" fun!! The PS3 is proving to have it's own demons. Get a load of this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/18/ps3-i ... footsteps/

It's amazing, I've got an Atari 2600 that I STILL have in my entertainment center that continues to chug along. It's never EVER seen the inside of a repair center. Yet these next gen consoles can barely sputter to life. Yea, they're more complicated but you'd think that more attention to detail would be taken for devices like these. C'mon the competition is fierce. The loser stands to lose ALOT. I honestly don't know what to think.

I hate to say it but I'm waiting with baited breath for the Wii demons to rear their ugly heads. It appears inevitable.

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:25 pm

The fact that some PS3s are defective is to be expected. The real question is, how many? I am guessing within a month we will know if there is an abnormally high defect rate.

As far as the Wii goes, I really doubt we will see issues with the unit itself. It is for the most part, a conservative upgrade of the existing GameCube hardware. The thing I would worry about is the controllers. It remains to be seen how they will hold up to prolonged use, if the battery use will be an issue, etc. etc.

--Raz.