Lost Planet demo

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
R3V3N4N7

Lost Planet demo

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:22 am

I downloaded the demo and I can say that its pretty fun. There are two levels in the demo. It's a run and gun third person style game. The first level has you fighting these spider bug creatures. In the second level it has you fighting people. The weapons were cool. You had a machine gun, grenades, shot gun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, and the coolest thing is you can pilot a mech. The most unique thing is you have a harpoon that you use to climb things. The graphics and sound were good.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:42 am

Yeah, I really like this demo as well. The harpoon deal is very much like the "bionic claw" that Capcom introduced in Bionic Commando way back in 1987 (arcade, 1988 for NES). It added a very cool gameplay element way back then, and it seems to do the same for Lost Planet today.

http://www.nescentral.com/games/detail/ ... mando.html

The only gripe about this demo is that we aren't going to see the game until 2007. It really got me pumped, but then, I was like, 2007? 2007? Argh.... I am really itching for some new and original (in terms of gameplay) IPs for the 360.

--Raz.

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:37 am

Yeah, it kind of sucks to have to wait but at least Capcom is releasing it in the US. The good thing is that the 360 will be getting some new ip's in the comming months.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:25 am

Played the demo at Chris' house and it was pretty fun. I liked the graphics and sound, and the fact that you can pilot mechs. But it is basically a "run 'n' gun" game, which is not my favorite style of gameplay.