Saint's Row Reviews

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

Saint's Row Reviews

Post by raz0red » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:08 am

The reviews are starting to come in for Saint's Row, and the reviews so far are very positive (averaging an 87 on MetaCritic).

GamePro's quotes are pretty bold. It will be interesting to see what Gamespot and IGN give it (ignoring 1up and EGM because I don't trust their reviews). :D

From GamePro...
We can only hope that the developers of Grand Theft Auto IV are taking careful notes on Saints Row, the next generation of the "open world"-style games popularized by Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas. At first glance, Saints Row looks like little more than an Xbox 360-fortified version of San Andreas: from the mission design to the basic play mechanics to the tongue-in-cheek spirit, it's abundantly clear that Saints Row is firmly grounded in Rockstar Games' groundbreaking series.

Only it's better. Much, much better. Unquestionably, irrefutably better in nearly every possible way.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... aint%20row

--Raz.

The Brass

Post by The Brass » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:25 pm

sounds sweet to bad i dont got a 360 :(
OL' DIRTY BASTARD

iamsjn

Post by iamsjn » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:48 pm

Wow... That is pretty bold. I just hope they aren't raising the expectations of this game too high. I think Saint's Row has a serious chance of becoming one of the top titles in the 360 lineup. It'd be a shame to blow it up so big that it's doomed to disappoint.

With that said,

From what I've played of the game, its sure to be a smash hit. Call it a GTA clone if you want. I've played all of the GTA titles and they never blew me away like Saint's Row did.

Did you guys happen to read up on the multiplayer options??? I had to go back and read that section of the review again to make sure I wasn't seeing things! This game is gonna rock.

--SjN
"Death & Dreck You Curse!!!"
- The Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight

Ummagumma

Post by Ummagumma » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:18 pm

Looks like a 360 seller to me.

PristineSteam

Post by PristineSteam » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:43 pm

I played the Saint's Row demo last night, and it looked, sounded, and played great! It made me very excited about the full version. My girlfriend was even impressed and said the game "looked really cool."