More 360 Issues.

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
raz0red
Site Admin

More 360 Issues.

Post by raz0red » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:56 am

Well, I finally had a few minutes to spare last night and I wanted play some 360. When, I turned on the console it applied an update, and from that point forward my 360 appears to be hosed.

Whenever I load my profile, I can't see my friends. I can see the list of friends, but they are all shown as offline. After talking with 2 hours with Xbox support, it is clear that they have no clue what is wrong. It is very odd, for example, if I load gears up it says I am not connected to Xbox live at all. If I connect within Gears, it gives me my info, but still shows everyone as offline. If, I then exit to the dashboard, it then again shows me as disconnected.

The support staff for the 360 just sucks. After talking with the guy, I learned that he doesn't even own a gaming console. He has never seen one work, and is merely reading from a list of KB (Knowledge Base) articles. Well, I guess I need to try to figure it out myself, so I will take home the 360 from work and determine if it is a console issue or a hard drive issue. I am guessing my firmware on the 360 is hosed based on the latest update. The support guy also said that it might be the firmware (2 hours after I told him I thought it might be that), and said I need to send back my hard drive. I said, the firmware is on the console, not the hard drive! Argh!

Anyway, hopefully I will be able to figure out what the issue is myself and get it resolved via my extended warranty. Thanks to Achilles and Revenant for putting up with my constant messages last night trying to help me resolve the issue.

--Raz.

Horprodukt

Re: More 360 Issues.

Post by Horprodukt » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:23 am

raz0red wrote: After talking with the guy, I learned that he doesn't even own a gaming console. He has never seen one work....
--Raz.
That's got to be a joke - he's doesn't own one, or even seen one? And he's support?!?!

Achilles

Re: More 360 Issues.

Post by Achilles » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:03 am

He's probably some farmed out telephone support company Microsoft uses, probably in India or someplace like that. Very typical here in the states, and VERY annoying!

raz0red wrote:Thanks to Achilles and Revenant for putting up with my constant messages last night trying to help me resolve the issue.

No problem man, wasn't a bother at all, the bigger issue was Revenant's GF text messaging him every 15 seconds and him pausing the game to check them :-)

R3V3N4N7

Post by R3V3N4N7 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:52 am

It's cool man. I had my own little message thing going too, with my cellular phone. That happened to me a few weeks ago. Then everything was ok after a few minutes.