GTA IV Trailer

Forum to discuss the Xbox family of consoles
dantebk

GTA IV Trailer

Post by dantebk » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:50 pm

So what did everyone think?

I was a little disappointed that the game wasn't completely different, as I'd suspected a total reboot due to the return of roman numerals, but once I got over that, I started to get psyched. Very excited about the Russian gangster protagonist, and the level of detail in the city is astounding. The GTA series is in my Top 3 of all-time, and I have a feeling GTA IV is gonna deliver on the hype. I just hope some mission revolves around either fighting on the rollercoaster or at least blowing it up.

raz0red
Site Admin

Post by raz0red » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:14 pm

I was a little underwhelmed by the whole thing. I mean people were hyper-analyzing this thing to the Nth degree. I am a big fan of the GTA games, so I am sure whatever they produce will be top notch.

I just finished Crackdown and I really enjoyed it. It definitely lacks the polish of the GTA series, but for some reason I kept coming back to it. Playing it has helped me get a bit amped for GTA. I really enjoy the sandbox experience. Hopefully the subsequent videos will give us a little more meat.

--Raz.

Horprodukt

Post by Horprodukt » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:59 am

I loved the GTA games, until San Andreas. It became too much of a chore and less fun when you had to do things like go to the gym and bash buttons on your controller to work out! I want to escape the mundane stuff of real life and play in a fantasy world with gaming. Working out, having to eat, get your hair cut, buy clothes etc..... it got too much like real life for me. Driving around being chased by cops was cool, so i'm hoping for good things with GTA IV.