Is there a way to change the storage medium for roms?

A forum to discuss Wii homebrew development.
HemiSync

Is there a way to change the storage medium for roms?

Post by HemiSync » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:43 pm

I am running the homebrew channel from a fat32 partition on a USB drive and have been able to run all your emulators from the hard drive with the exception that only Wii2600 will actually read the roms from the drive. WiiHandy, XL, and 7800 all seem to be hard coded for the SD card. Any chance that could be changed?

raz0red
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to change the storage medium for roms?

Post by raz0red » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:07 am

HemiSync wrote:I am running the homebrew channel from a fat32 partition on a USB drive and have been able to run all your emulators from the hard drive with the exception that only Wii2600 will actually read the roms from the drive. WiiHandy, XL, and 7800 all seem to be hard coded for the SD card. Any chance that could be changed?
Yeah, I will definitely look at adding USB drive support (along w/ network file access) in subsequent versions. My biggest issue has been that I don't have a USB drive to test with...

--Raz.

HemiSync

Re: Is there a way to change the storage medium for roms?

Post by HemiSync » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:30 am

raz0red wrote:
HemiSync wrote:I am running the homebrew channel from a fat32 partition on a USB drive and have been able to run all your emulators from the hard drive with the exception that only Wii2600 will actually read the roms from the drive. WiiHandy, XL, and 7800 all seem to be hard coded for the SD card. Any chance that could be changed?
Yeah, I will definitely look at adding USB drive support (along w/ network file access) in subsequent versions. My biggest issue has been that I don't have a USB drive to test with...

--Raz.
Sounds good, I will be looking forward to it. If you need a tester, my USB drive is available. lol